Announcement: Infomart sponsors the 2012 SLA Toronto Infomart Student-to-Conference Award
SLA Toronto has once again partnered with Infomart to establish the SLA Toronto Infomart Student-to-Conference Awards. With Infomart‘s generous support, 2 students will be chosen to each receive a $1,500 grant to attend the SLA Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois from July 15-18, 2012.
“The Infomart Student-to-Conference Awards program is an effort to identify and encourage students who will make a impact in their profession as media intelligence and research professionals,” says Jonathan Harris, Managing Director of Infomart.
The SLA Conference is the one time a year when members gather from around the world. This annual event is an exemplary opportunity to learn, connect, and cultivate one’s career in the information profession. “The SLA Toronto Chapter is immensely grateful to partner with Infomart in giving these grants to deserving students who are the future of the special libraries profession. Attending the conference provides an invaluable experience for these future leaders.“, says Laura Warner, 2012 SLA Toronto Chapter President.
Infomart is Canada’s leading media intelligence agency with more than 25 years of delivering media monitoring and research solutions to Canada’s best-informed institutions. Covering print, social media platforms, radio, television, and online news, Infomart gives you the intelligence you need to optimize your media strategies, saving time, saving money, and fueling more effective and efficient media-related decisions that contribute to your bottom line. At the end of the day, Infomart helps Canadian companies, agencies, and organizations drive bottom-line efficiencies by providing fast, relevant and accurate media monitoring, research, and reporting solutions.
Two students will be selected to receive this award by the SLA Toronto Executive Board. Applicants must be willing to serve on the Executive or Advisory Board of the Toronto Chapter in the 2013 Chapter year, and the essays of the award recipients will be published in The Courier, SLA Toronto’s newsletter.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited library or information science program during the 2011/12 academic school year and be interested in a career in special librarianship.
- The chosen recipients may not accept a travel award for the 2012 conference from any other SLA Division or Chapter.
- The chosen recipients must serve on the SLA Toronto Chapter Executive or Advisory Boards in the 2013 Chapter year.
- The chosen recipients must attend the SLA Conference in Chicago, Illinois from July 15-18, 2012.
- The chosen recipients must submit a copy of their conference registration, travel and accommodation receipts, and all other relevant receipts pertaining to conference attendance to the Awards Chair (Claire Lysnes) in order to receive the grant, which will be reimbursed following the conference.
- The chosen recipients will be asked to engage with Award sponsor, Infomart; Chapter Executive Board members; and the Awards Chair, Claire Lysnes, before or after the conference, in order to acknowledge the generous contribution of sponsor, Infomart.
- Applicants must prepare a written statement, in English, of up to 500 words on what they hope to gain from the conference experience.
- Applicants must also provide a current résumé along with up to three references.
- Applicants should submit these documents, along with their address, telephone number, and email address no later than April 9, 2012 5pm to Awards Chair, Claire Lysnes (email@example.com).
- The chosen recipients will be notified during the week of April 23, 2012.
Questions can be directed to Awards Chair, Claire Lysnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laura Warner, SLA Toronto Chapter President and Claire Lysnes, SLA Toronto Awards Chair