If you missed my presentation on Design Thinking to Enable Innovation at Internet Librarian 2010 last week, you can view the slides on SlideShare:
Here are the references from the presentation:
- Brown, Tim. “Design Thinking”. Harvard Business Review, 86(6), 2008.
- Martin, Roger. “The Business of Design”. Fast Company, April 2005.
- Martin, Roger. “The Design of Business: Why Design Thinking is the Next Competitive Advantage“. Cambridge: Harvard Business Press, 2009.
- Roger Martin’s definition of Integrative Thinking at http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/integrativethinking/definition.htm.
- Kelley, Tom. “The Art of Innovation: Lessons in Creativity from IDEO, America’s Leading Design Firm”. New York: Currency/Doubleday, 2001.
- Pine, Joseph B. and Gilmour, James H. “The Experience Economy: Work is Theatre and Every Business a Stage”. Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 1999.
- Bell, Steven J. “Design Thinking”. American Libraries, January/February 2008.
- The Blended Librarians Online Learning Community – http://blendedlibrarian.org/
- Designing Better Libraries – http://dbl.lishost.org/blog/
Many thanks to everyone at IL who made the week such a great learning experience! And, thanks especially to Jane Dysart for running such a great conference.