Corporate Records Manager
(1 Year Contract Position, Manufacturing Company, Greater Toronto Area)
Reports to the Corporate Risk and Compliance Director
• Develop, implement and oversee a global strategic records management program that ensures compliance with Canadian federal, Ontario provincial and local legislation, corporate policy and procedures and financial and regulatory accountabilities.
• Lead the implementation and enforcement of corporate-wide records policies applicable to all locations and involving records in both paper and electronic formats.
• Coordinate and manage onsite and offsite record storage.
• Maintain records management policy and procedures, corporate classification and records retention schedule.
• Coordinate management of records resulting from Acquisitions, Licensing agreements or Corporate Dispositions.
• Develop and lead record officers to assist with the deployment of the Corporate Records Program.
• Update records retention schedule, Records Management policy and procedures as required.
• Oversee implementing the Records Management program including implementation of Records Retention schedule
• Maintain effective enterprise-wide communication and training to coordinate the Records Management program on an ongoing basis.
• Coordinate with IT for implementation of an Electronic Records Management System
• BA in Business, Library, Information Science or related field, or related experience and training.
• Minimum of 7 years of Records Management experience, preferably with a multinational, public corporation.
• Superior oral and written communications. Ability to make presentations to internal groups.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management
• Experience working in a regulated industry.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively. Some travel required.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Sharepoint
• Knowledge of manufacturing, and Good Manufacturing Practices
• References required.
To apply please submit resume and provide salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before Dec. 18. 2009.
Paula Lederman, B.Sc., M.L.S., M.B.A. , ERM(m) IMERGE Consulting Inc. (Canada) www.imergeconsult.com