SLA Election Results – 2015 Board of Directors Announced
Tom Rink, an instructor for library services at Northeastern State University in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, will lead a group of five SLA members who will join the association’s board of directors in January.
Tom will serve as president-elect in 2015, as president in 2016, and as past president in 2017. Joining him on the board for 2015-2017 are the following SLA members:
- Kim Silk, chapter cabinet chair-elect;
- Ruth Kneale, division cabinet chair-elect;
- Kevin Adams, director; and
- Catherine Lavallee-Welch, director.
In addition to electing the new board members, SLA members also overwhelmingly approved two changes to the association’s bylaws. The changes are as follows:
- Recognizing the joint cabinet as an official body of the association; and
- Allowing caucuses to be formed based on geography.
For more information about the election, see the press release.